• Search
  • Register
  • Ace of Spades Game Forums » Clans
  • Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to login or register. - StackOverflow
    New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/
  • Clan Battles FTW

UPDATES:
    August 3rd: Thread Post Created;
    August 5th: Removed Pro Snipers from the Major Clan list (merged with Komrades); removed HunterKillerz vs. Pro Snipers match (cancelled); added new times and dates to original post; added new scheduled match;
    August 6th: Added Score to RoT vs. IRC match;
    August 9th: Removed RenovatorsofTerror from the list (broke apart); added Pro Snipers back (members disagreed on the merge, so BOOM brought the clan back); added Churchill Clan to major clan list; added Major Clan criteria;
    August 14th: Added RenovatorsofTerror to the list (rejoined, excluding Devas and That_Guy);
    August 15th: Added Komrades vs. Coalition battle schedule; added Komrades vs. Coalition score; added Wolf Pack to major clan list;
    August 17th: Added HK vs. IRC match score;
    August 25th: Removed Wolf Pack from the major clan list; removed Pro Snipers from major clan list; removed Red Faction from major clan list;
    August 27th: Removed HunterKillerz from the major clan list;
    September 5th: Added @ vs. C.H. to the clan battle list.

Yesterday, August 2nd, was the first AoS clan match. <@> beat HK 3 - 0 by intel captures after an hour finished. This is the beginning of a new AoS era.

Major Clans Right Now:
    Komrades (Kom)
    IRC Team (<@>)
    Churchill (CH)
    RenovatorsofTerror (RoT)

Major Clan Criteria:
    - Must have AT LEAST 6 members.
    - Must have been talked about besides any advertisements

List of clan matches as of August 17th, 3:00 PM EST:

@ vs. HK: August 2nd, 2 - 3PM EST. 3 - 0
    @ vs. RoT: August 6th, 5 - 6PM EST. 1 - 0, 3 - 0 (Two round match)
    Kom vs. Forums (Coalition): August 15th, 7 - 8PM EST. 6 - 10
    @ vs. HK: August 17th, 1:30 - 2:30PM EST. 3 - 1, 1 - 0 (Two round match)
    @ vs. C.H.: September 1st. 4 - 0
    This list will be updated every few days. If you want to challenge another clan to a battle, or have challenged, comment here to update the list.

YourMom
    *BANNED*Gregarious
    Posted 12 years ago

yeah, it's pretty cool. i remember the soldat clans never had clan battles, or at least never in the gametypes i played.

i remember a while ago, a friend and i decided to start a club, but we only got like 1 other person to join, so it did not really work very well. but now, they are all over

Priok
    Spectonaut
    Posted 12 years ago

A time and date has been set for [HK] vs [PS] im just waiting for BOOM to comment on the thread, to approve it.

DeathEnhanced
    The Grand Exterminator
    Posted 12 years ago

i hope ps win

underdog
    Posted 12 years ago

@ vs. HK: August 2nd, 2PM - 3PM EST. 3 - 0
    @ vs. RoT August 8th, 5PM - 6PM EST (Yet to battle)
    HK vs. PS August 12th, 1PM - 2:30PM EST (Yet to battle) CANCELLED
    @ vs. Kom (Yet to schedule)

Now updated with the times and dates based off Eastern Standard Time.

UPDATE: This list is now outdated. Check original post for updated clan battle list.

YourMom
    *BANNED*Gregarious
    Posted 12 years ago

I expect a good challenge from the IRC team.

Shadow
    Slenderman
    Posted 12 years ago

I subbed in for HK in the first clan match, they had expert planning. You might wanna plan out what your team is going to do rather than have your team just charge and shoot IRC, because you're gonna need a technique.

YourMom
    *BANNED*Gregarious
    Posted 12 years ago

@ team do you want to face [PS] later

+CRU+BOOM
    Posted 12 years ago

Hey now. We beat you 3-0.

:P

Ace
    Posted 12 years ago

Yay RF is a major clan im happy =D

FireJetDragon
    FIRE FREAKING DRAGON
    Posted 12 years ago

I should say, to anyone thinking of trying clan stuff out, do it.

The organized match was the most fun I've had in AoS for a while, actually working together as a team, and going for the objective, rather than just racking up kills. I had I had an 11/10 k/d that match, meaning that most of the time I was doing no shooting at all, and it was still fucking awesome.

10vs10 for an hour seemed like reasonable settings, splitting it up into two 30 minute halves might be good if we do asymmetric maps. It'd also give teams a breather in-between, some time to plan and such.

As for organization:
    -VOIP of some sort is a must for organized teamplay, even if half of you don't have a microphone. Just being able to listen in is helpful.
    -Have a "leader" (not necessarily the clan leader or whatever) who can call out plays, that is, change your game plan while you're playing. It might even be helpful to have two of these, one coordinating defense and one coordinating the attack.
    -Make a plan before the match.
    -Have fun!
    -Seriously use VOIP, part of the reason we did so well (other than having some god-tier shots on our team) was that we could call out threats and deal with them. "Dude in the river, I can hear him splashing" "Got him."

Ace
    Posted 12 years ago

What do you usually use for voice? Skype?

Marksmanship
    Modifier
    Posted 12 years ago

Mumble. With PTT, so you don't hear everyone breathing.

Ace
    Posted 12 years ago

Ah. I should probably check that out, although it's doubtful that a non-clan member could organize a team that way.

Any rule saying a clan wouldn't put up with me hitch-hiking into one of their battles?

Marksmanship
    Modifier
    Posted 12 years ago

I have no idea. @ isn't a proper clan, we're just IRC people who also happen to be good at AoS. No ranks or leaders (well I guess tGM is the leader, but that's because he's the main person running the IRC) or anything like that.

Ace
    Posted 12 years ago

@ is classified as a clan on the wiki... :P

I wouldn't call @ a clan, I'd call it a crew or a team.

YourMom
    *BANNED*Gregarious
    Posted 12 years ago

Lol...they were using mumble and teamspeak...we where a rag tag coalition with connection issues. Anyways, It was a fun game, tried to dig to the intel 6 times, all of them ended with me and a grenade in solitude.

Komrade VS. Pro Snipers. That match will be coming up soon.

KomradeTyler
    Kosmonaut
    Posted 12 years ago

The best way to stop grenades in tunnels is to put a block on where the grenade landed before it explodes. That makes the grenade a dud, and it doesnt hurt you.

What's the thread with Komrades vs. Pro Snipers?

P.S. Why are you talking for the Komrade clan and not Korakoff or U.S.S.R?

YourMom
    *BANNED*Gregarious
    Posted 12 years ago

Bump. I would like an answer.

YourMom
    *BANNED*Gregarious
    Posted 12 years ago

idk

Pinky-Conehead
    PIIINKY CLAAAW
    Posted 12 years ago

I hope when the player limit gets bumped up to 64 we can see some really epic battles. Imagine 64 people all acting organized and working together to kill each other.

Articsledder
    Posted 12 years ago

Agreed

YourMom
    *BANNED*Gregarious
    Posted 12 years ago

Sorry for a slight mistake, I edited the date for @ vs. RoT. I wonder how this battle will turn out!

YourMom
    *BANNED*Gregarious
    Posted 12 years ago

PS have disbanded and joined komrades.

DeathEnhanced
    The Grand Exterminator
    Posted 12 years ago

Also in the list of major clans its [HK] not (HK) pl0x.

DeathEnhanced
    The Grand Exterminator
    Posted 12 years ago

Why have they done that? They turned out so well...

YourMom
    *BANNED*Gregarious
    Posted 12 years ago

There players were noobs , there clan was organised, and in their desperation komrades snatched their chance to increase their members list to 68.

[HK] prefers quality over quantity, and every member that joins is background checked etc and we only accept decent to high lv players.

DeathEnhanced
    The Grand Exterminator
    Posted 12 years ago

Your clan sounds well rounded to me. Perhaps I might sign up for it if it doesn't have 5 clan members showing up for a 10 member clan battle next time you challenge someone.

To all who are looking at this thread months later:
    http://ace-spades.com/forums/topic.php?id=4509&page=2

That was Pro Snipers. The original post of the Match Cancelled thread was HK vs. PS August 12th, 6PM - 7:30PM GMT.

YourMom
    *BANNED*Gregarious
    Posted 12 years ago

Lol "desperation" and "snatched" are not exactly a valid description, non of the former pro sniper members have been accepted into the Komrade clan, instead, they are all put on probation and still need to go through the Komrade application process. Their part of the bargain is, once accepted into the Komrade clan, they will receive a corresponding rank in the Komrade clan. We aren't desperate, we had more then enough members before the merging..

KomradeTyler
    Kosmonaut
    Posted 12 years ago

KomradeTyler, I think it's best if you don't speak for your clan. After all, you are only a member, not one of the three leaders.

YourMom
    *BANNED*Gregarious
    Posted 12 years ago
    RSS feed for this topic  

Reply »

You must log in to post.

• Tags
  •   No tags yet.

Ace of Spades Game Forums is proudly powered by bbPress.   //   Theme by Mike Lothar  
    [ Time : 0.252s | 13 Queries ]