• Search
  • Register
  • Ace of Spades Game Forums » Gameplay
  • Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to login or register. - StackOverflow
    New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/
  • I'm scared.

SMG_WEAPON : {
    1 : 24,
    2 : 75,
    3 : 16
    }

vs.
    SMG_WEAPON : {
    1 : 24,
    2 : 49,
    3 : 8
    }

eww

Dany0
    Posted 12 years ago

explain.

Fluttershy
    Yellow Pegasus
    Posted 12 years ago

...?

Soap
    Posted 12 years ago

SMG damage before

1. body : 24
    2. head : 49
    3. limbs : 8

SMG damage after

1. body : 24
    2. head : 75
    3. limbs : 16

Dany0
    Posted 12 years ago

not sure what to think of this.

Fluttershy
    Yellow Pegasus
    Posted 12 years ago

Dude just face it- the SMG has been WAY underpowered and underrated. :( Giving it these stats will make the firefights even better, and A LOT cooler to experience! :D Plus, more people will use them, making it more like a realistic FPS game w/ automatic weapons instead of everybody using sniper-like weapons. :P

Soap
    Posted 12 years ago

Im scared too man. This basically means 2 head shots and their out. Ben did a pretty bad job on the smg to me...

TheGeekZeke101
    [Elite] SMG
    Posted 12 years ago

I think that the SMG is too misunderstood... :( Giving it this boost that it needs to make its mark on AoS will REALLY show people how it's really a good gun looking to get some attention from the less-deserving, usually-a-one-hit-kill-due-to-stupid-headshots Semi. The SMG to me is the only honest weapon in the game that can be balanced in a way, as it's the medium ranged power house. The Shotgun is the powerhouse of up-close combat, and the Semi is just overpowered EVERYWHERE, and that's why I don't realy like it. :( But with the SMG's improvement, there will FINALLY be something that can compete against Semis! (b^^)b

Soap
    Posted 12 years ago

I don't think it will be so bad, I mean, the semi is pretty much a one hit kill, and everybody uses it, but that might change with these upgrades. I think 75 is a little bit too high, though, it could have just been 50, or 51 or something, maybe it could have only 20 bullets, to balance it out a little bit more, so it's less kills per clip

Priok
    Spectonaut
    Posted 12 years ago

@soap Is it possible that something can be both underpowered AND underrated? :s

TB
    Posted 12 years ago

Well I mean that just means you have skill if you can get headshots with an automatic weapon, because Semi's are still more accurate either way. :-\ The ammo capacity seems fine to me, and honestly, I think that by this update, the SMG will truly be balanced for everyone. :D I can't say the same for the Semi though, BUT if it was slower, THEN it would seem pretty balanced to me. :)

Soap
    Posted 12 years ago

seems good i can't get a kill with the smg if its a fair fight (we both see echoter at the same time and shoot) 9 times out of ten you'll die if v.sing rifle or shotgun

mrt8062
    mr.t
    Posted 12 years ago

@TB Well it's underpowered compared to the Semi, but it's just 1337 because of how good it SHOULD be when it doesn't stand against the Semi. :? Same for the Shotgun. Basically, the Semi is like the big bully of a big brother to the SMG and the Shotgun, so the SMG's finally gonna have the requirements to fight back and establish its place. :) Now just to fix up that Shotgun...

@Mr. T That NEVER happens to me, I just always get my butt kicked by Semi jerks and nobody else... XP

Soap
    Posted 12 years ago

The smg needs way more recoil.
    Like seriously, it was a rapid fire semi before, as long as you can move your mouse down.
    Needs more left and right recoil too.

JamestheLeet
    Posted 12 years ago

^Totally agree bro.

TheGeekZeke101
    [Elite] SMG
    Posted 12 years ago

OMG YE3SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS if this is legit screw the rifle

[MLG]rambo
    Posted 12 years ago

Guys, you're basically saying "keep the Semi in power" by not wanting the SMG to have SOME advantage or way to compare to it... :,(

Soap
    Posted 12 years ago

Soap you should really join the IRC

Viper
    Posted 12 years ago

I agree 100% with soap :3

Booboorocks998
    Posted 12 years ago

@Viper VIIIIIIIIIIPEEEEEEEEEEEER!!! :D

Wait, what's the IRC? .____.' Linky, linky, LINKY!!! (>O________O')>

@Booboorocks ^W^

Soap
    Posted 12 years ago

SMG is perfect the way it is. It just takes a little skill. My weapon of choice in the last update was the SMG, and I got pretty damn good at it usually finishing with a high k/d ratio. Now with this buff, I'm unstoppable.

The new problem with this update, though, is that the shotgun is pretty much 100% useless. The SMG dominates at close range, and the shotgun can be unreliable sometimes.

My personal opinion of the shotgun is that it should take on a new role than it does in other games. Seeing as this game is so heavily based around destructible environments, I think it should have more breaching capability. Perhaps right clicking will expend extra ammo but it will automatically blast a big enough hole in any wall for a dynamic entry. In addition, I believe it should, in the future, be incorporated as a side weapon in addition to your main weapon (like, picking the shotgun instead of a pistol, or extra grenades, etc).

Sample246
    Posted 12 years ago

FYI: the old SMG stats in pyspade have always been underpowered,
    they were stronger in vanilla.

learn_more
    Posted 12 years ago

rifle can 1-hit kill, so can SMG (2-hit)
    next:shotgun buff

[PMS]fleek%
    Seabreeze
    Posted 12 years ago

@Sample please go away with your "k/d ratio"... I hate such cod shit =P

To topic:
    it's pretty annoying... the smg is far too op now >.< the dmg is too big... and too little spreading when firing... you can kill a rifle guy far too easily even at long range =P

And don't forget that hiding behind 1 block walls is useless... ;D

Seeker
    Nazi
    Posted 12 years ago

It needs less sine wave and more random kick.

JamestheLeet
    Posted 12 years ago

Jesus Christ...it never ends. If you are a rifleman and you are constantly getting killed (or killed to the point where you must come on the forums and complain about it) by SMG users, then something is wrong with you, not the SMG.

POMF Technological Solutions™
    Director of Renovations
    Posted 12 years ago

^THAT -___________-' Grow up riflemen... (not you Rifleman, you're cool. ;) )

Soap
    Posted 12 years ago

respect the rifle:

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle
    true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will... etc.

:D

PineApples
    The PineApples
    Posted 12 years ago

... Then you have skill Pineapple. :) But still- you've gotta hate on the people that just spammed the Rifle because it was better. -.-' You have ann actual love and respect for it, so that's okay. But the people who used Rifles to basically ruin the game for everybody else???

No.

Just...

NO.

Soap
    Posted 12 years ago

Those stats for the SMG seem a little overpowered to me... the 0.58 setup seemed almost perfectly balanced to me, with each weapon being distinctly superior within a given engagement range. If anything, I would've liked the shotgun made a little more damaging, so that any shot with the reticle on the target at 5 blocks or less would be a definite kill (it's failed me in those situations before, maddeningly).

I'll go play the update, though, and get back here with my opinion. I'll probably conclude it's overpowered, but we'll see.

Marksmanship
    Modifier
    Posted 12 years ago
    RSS feed for this topic  

Reply »

You must log in to post.

• Tags
  •   No tags yet.

Ace of Spades Game Forums is proudly powered by bbPress.   //   Theme by Mike Lothar  
    [ Time : 6.460s | 13 Queries ]